Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Just Checkin' In

For someone who says she loves to write, I sure do spend a lot of time avoiding my blog! I'm trying to do the things I know will help promote my Etsy shop, but there seem to be so many steps. I tend to get a little caught up in it all - 'cause it's fun - but then I end up neglecting so many of my other duties. I mean really, how can I consider myself a good mom if I'm letting the kids watch cartoons all day?

My hubby will never be convinced that being a stay-at-home parent is challenging if he comes home and all the dishes are still dirty, laundry is piled to the ceiling and we're having Kraft macaroni and cheese for dinner (again). I think he would not be impressed that I spent my day in the Etsy chatrooms! I've always had a challenge with balance in my life. I tend to get very obsessive about something, until I'm burned out, then I move onto the next obsession.

Tonight, I'm supposed to make invitations to my son's birthday party. I only have 5 to make, so it should be pretty easy. I can't believe he's going to be 5-years-old. Where did that time go? If this 5 went by quickly I can't even imagine how fast the next 5 will fly by.

I guess that's all I'm going to be able to talk about tonight.

No comments: