Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Trying To Get it All Together










These are some things I made for my daughter's room. The big flower is made from white foam board and painted with acrylics. The butterfly is acrylic and puffy paint and the sun and flower picture is acrylic on canvas. These were so much fun to make and for the most part, I'm happy with the results.

I finally got 3 items posted on my Etsy shop (with 4 photos each!), but I need some more stuff. You would think I would be thrilled with the idea of "having to" create some things to add to my shop. But I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. Christmas is coming and I'm getting that tight feeling in my chest like I know I should be doing something, but there is too much to do, so I think I'll just sit on the couch and watch t.v. I guess that would be shut down mode. The thing is, I can ignore responsibility all I want, but that doesn't make it go away, does it?

I'm going to try to do a lot of home made gifts this year. I probably should've started a couple of months ago (at least). I know it's going to be ok, I just need to do some steady, consistent work.

Recently, I was able to make some things for my daughter's room that I really like. I think that is probably when my new energy for crafting started. I did a couple of paintings for her room and started meeting regularly (again) with my friend Jean, to do crafty things. Every time I do something, it just fuels the fire and gives me more desire to paint, write, bend wire, build things, whatever.

It's hard to do as much as I want with limited time and space. But you know what? I'm so lucky to have the opportunity to spend as much time as I do, thinking about art and crafting. I love to see what other people are doing, I like thinking of new ideas and I think beauty and creativity are such gifts from God.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: