Friday, January 11, 2008

Good Grief.....

Would you look at how long it has been since I've written! This blog is starting to have the same feel as my journal: months without writing, then lines and lines of beating myself up for not writing, then a short entry about how tired I am and how I wish I'd take the time to write about all the stuff that's going on...gee whiz it's a never ending cycle!

I actually have been doing some things. I got some beautiful watercolor pencils for Christmas from my friend, Jean. I also got some "artist bonus bucks" from my husband. I wasted no time spending that money and since I had a 50% off coupon from Michael's, I was able to buy quite a bit for my money: a new 12 x 12 papercutter, more watercolor pencils, some sharpie-like pens (24 wonderful colors), some thinner markers, watercolor paper and a couple of small canvas boards. I think there were a couple of other things, but I've forgotten.

With my new toys, I was inspired to crank out a few note cards. The first one is my favorite. It's unlike anything I've ever done before. I got some cards printed from the original and hope to get them together for my Etsy shop soon.

I'm in the process of revamping the Etsy shop. I changed my avatar because I got kind of tired of seeing my face everytime I logged in. I was self conscious about it from the beginning. So I chose one of my art cards because it's colorful and an attention getter (I think).

Even though I don't officially do New Year's resolutions, I am going to try to do better about writing this blog. I also hope to keep up on my etsy shop and add new things regularly.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: