Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Don't Blink or You'll Miss It!

I can't believe how quickly the days fly by. When I was working (outside the home), days, weeks and months went really fast. I thought when I started staying home with babies, it would be a little slower, but it's not. I am amazed that an entire day can buzz by when it seems like I just woke up.

I have never been very good with time management. When I was in college I spent hours and hours and hours lying around, daydreaming, listening to music and contemplating life and it's complexities. Now, with two yungin's I can't even have two minutes to go to the bathroom by myself (so it seems). It's just not all about me anymore (duh) which means I can't lie around doing nothing and honestly, I should never have spent that amount of time being so unproductive. I could have had a nice balance of staring into space, being alone with my thoughts and doing homework, being creative, meeting friends, etc.

Now, 20 years later, I still struggle with time management. I have finally gotten past thinking if something is worth doing, then I have to spend hours doing it, or spend hours thinking about doing it. Not all things are worthy of that much time. I also find that I spend so much time thinking about doing things, that I either talk myself out of doing them or don't leave enough time to get them done, even if I did start doing them! I guess I'm just trying to say, I want to be more purposeful (or "intentional" as they say on a certain radio program) in living my life. None of this is an accident - it's no accident that I was created. I have a job to do, but I won't be able to do it, if I allow myself to believe I don't have time to do things or don't have the ability/supplies/space to do what I want.

I have to come to the grown up conclusion that in order to do what I desire, I must sacrifice a few things. T.v. is a big time guzzler. The worst part is that I don't really feel like there is anything on t.v. worth watching...not really. I do like The Closer, CSI and CSI: Miami and Law and Order. But I watch way more shows that I don't enjoy. Not very smart for a woman who wants to do something else!

No comments: