Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Things I've Been Working On


This is a picture I did for a friend of mine. She doesn't know about it yet, it's a surprise. She has been encouraging me to be creative, which I think is one of the greatest gifts anyone can give me. She seems to like the things I make, so I made one especially for her.

The hearts and swirls are kind of a new thing for me. I've never really done anything like this before, until after Christmas when I got my new watercolor pencils. Now, I just want to draw flowers, hearts and swirls all over the place! This particular picture was done in permanent marker.



I did these pictures for my son. He loves robots and rocket ships. The rocket ship is similar to the ones I made for his birthday party invitations. I love doing these, they are so much fun.

Both are done in permanent marker.




I love this sunflower! It was an experiment that I hated at first. It's done in tissue paper and mod podge on matte board. It wasn't until I outlined it in ink that I decided I really liked it. It opens up a whole new world of possibilities! I love tissue paper and mod podge. Hopefully, I'll give myself the opportunity to make some more of these and maybe add them to my Etsy shop.

I've added a couple of new things to my Etsy shop, and have a few more things to add. I want to really spruce up my shop and start being more consistent in marketing it. It's amazing that there are people who are able to do Etsy full time. I just am in awe of them. It makes me want to sit at their feet and take notes on every little word that comes out of their mouths! So, I'm working on promoting without being obnoxious. I find it's much easier to promote this than it was my past attempts at selling things that weren't really my passion.

Oh yeh, I also bought myself a postal scale yesterday. Woo hoo! I have real business equipment now!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love love love the drawings for your son and the sunflower! I hope you will add stuff like this to your etsy shop. I would buy them!