Monday, March 24, 2008

Craft Show Anxiety

Remember how I was so excited about doing the craft show next month? I don't know what happened, but I'm not so excited any more. I still don't know what I'm going to take or how much to take. What if no one buys anything? What if all my stuff is just stupid and I'm wasting time and money trying to start this little business? Blah, blah, blah....I know I'm not the first, only or last person who is freaking out about his/her creative endeavors. Ugh! Self doubt, you would think someone in her mid 40's would be beyond it!

One thing that has been good is that yesterday, I figured out how to set up my own cards in Word and correct some potential printing problems in Paint. I'm going to take them down to Kinko's to see how they print. If they are good reproductions, this will really help me. I can just set things up on the page the way I want them, then run down to have them printed. It's taking some time to get things cleaned up and set up, but ultimately, it's nicer to have this control. I should eventually get some other kind of software program to do some graphic design.

I sold a couple of card packs this past weekend. My dad's cousin bought Peter's Tree and Action Flowers. I'm really excited about it. It's nice to have some business.

Well, I think that is all for now. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

LauraLindseyPhotography said...

That very same anxiety has caused me to not go through the craft show thing.. ::sigh::

so how did this turn out for you? I really wish we both to get to a place where we dont beat ourselves up about our gifts !