Saturday, March 1, 2008

Finally....March!

I've noticed as the days get longer and more sunshine appears, I'm feeling motivated to tidy up a bit. I'm also wanting to make pictures and other fun stuff. I love Spring and look forward to the warm, sunny days.

I never did mention my new Etsy banner. I decided I wanted to try to do my own background (which I did in watercolor pencil). Then I took a photo of it and tried to do the text in Word, then in Paint and it wasn't working for me very well. I keep thinking Word has some graphic design capabilities, but I feel like I'm wasting so much time trying to figure it out. I wouldn't mind spending time on it, but I've got a lot of things I need to do and just want to feel like I'm accomplishing something.

My buddy Ashley of Heart Hugs Designs ( http://hearthugsdesigns@etsy.com ) stepped in and did the text for me. She's really good to me, I just asked for help and she whipped it out in a matter of minutes (and this is a woman with a less-than-1-year-old child)! Ashley designed my first banner too, which I liked a lot. She is very easy to work with and very patient with those of us who struggle with the technical aspects of banners. She has a great shop too, with a variety of products: custom photo invitations, banners, announcements, as well as cards, tags and supplies. You should check out her shop. Not only does she have nice things, she's also a lovely human being (and my first Etsy friend).

Here's the new banner:






Two exciting things I'm working on but I'm having a hard time focusing: I'm going to do a craft show in April with my friends Beth (http://heartgrooves.etsy.com) and Jolene (http://locoMOmomma.etsy.com). It's a small show, but it will be my first and I'm just beside myself, I'm so excited! Etsy has a good article on how to prepare for a craft show, so I'll be using that for reference: http://www.indiecraftfairguide.com/articles/how-to-guide

The other thing is I've talked to a coffee shop owner in town about selling some cards in her shop! Woo hoo! I'll probably start off by putting about 10 card sets in the coffee shop to see how they do. I'll set up a display with my business cards and contact information.

Ok, that's it for now. I want to work on some cards now. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Awesome! I am so glad you like your banner and such exciting things are happening for you!