Thursday, October 23, 2008

What I Did On My Summer Vacation


Here's the condensed version of my "summer vacation": We bought a house, sold a house, moved, cleaned, cleaned some more, bought some beautiful new bedroom furniture and I helped organize an Etsy Street Team in my area.

In the midst of moving, I painted a couple of things. I did this big leaf painting because I wanted something to put on our walls as we were "staging" our house for sale. I love leaves, but these don't look very realistic (I like them anyway). The big picture inspired me to do a small leaf picture, which is not really like anything I've done before. The whole leaf theme came from this really cool place mat I bought from Pier One. I guess I was kind of feeling like I was hosting an HGTV show or something. I'm not quite as talented as the HG people, but it really is fun to pretend I'm one of them sometimes!

We were very blessed to have found a house that was newer than our other house, had more space, a big back yard and less expensive than the house we sold. How often does that happen?! The very best thing is that the new place has a spot for me to craft. It's in the basement within a storage area (I call it the craft cave). It seemed like a big room until I got all of my things in there. I'm tellin' ya, I had no idea how much craft booty I had until I saw my friends hauling in box after box after box with the words "craft room" written on them. It was quite embarrassing, but it has curbed my supply buying appetite a little...Well, kind of... I'm at least trying to be more mindful of my purchases!

I love the cave and love being in there, working on projects. I'll post a photo of it when it's a little more organized.

I'm currently getting ready to do an art fair in November. It's a juried show that I'm planning on doing with two of my friends. We're still waiting to hear if we've been accepted. If we don't, I'll have lots of things to post in my Etsy shop!

I need to sign out for now. I don't like that I've been away so long, but I'm happy to start writing again. I want to be more diligent in writing for my blog and I want to do some work on my Etsy shop, including being more active in marketing. Check back soon!

No comments: