Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Stressin' Myself Out!

As 2009 approaches, I find myself stressing out about all the things I would love to accomplish in the new year. I don't make New Year's resolutions anymore, but do think about things to hope for. I don't think there is anything wrong with being optimistic and hopeful. But if there are too many things to "hope" for, then it seems a little overwhelming.

I really want to do things to help my business be more successful. I am not a business-minded person. I'm not good at keeping track of my materials or figuring out money strategies. I just don't know much about that stuff. So, I'm going to try to learn a few business tactics.

I think what stresses me out the most is taking time to learn the things I need to know. For instance, I've tried to figure out the links in this blog so that they will be "live". Now, as you may know, when you click on what you think is a link, you get an error message. The other thing I've tried to do is make my blog 3 columns instead of two. For some reason, that hasn't worked for me either. I have spent lots of time trying to get computer things to work for me and I still can't do it. It's frustrating because I feel like I have so little time to spend learning.

Anyway, thanks for listening to me vent.

So here are 5 of my goals for my business for 2009:

1. Blog at least once a week
2. Update Etsy shop with new photos, write shop policies and re-write descriptions
3. Read about and implement strategies to help my business grow
4. Get the Etsy Street Team (Missouri Etsy-centrics) up and running
5. Be more consistent in organizing activities for the Street Team

1 comment:

JodisCraftEmporium and More said...

those are awesome goals to reach.