Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Face It....You Caved!

In an effort to keep up with the times and to use the resources that are available to help market my shop, I opened a Facebook account today. I'm not really sure how it works and the whole thing makes me a little nervous. As soon as I started my account and signed in, Facebook called up a whole group of people (with photos) that I "might know". I knew a bunch of those people!

So does this mean that every time someone who has the same location, high school or college opens a Facebook account, my name will appear on their list of people they might know? Isn't that just a little freaky? So much for being anonymous!

I really do just want to find the best ways to market my art. I suppose this is growing pains for me. Learning to adjust to what's new out there. Embracing the fact that anyone, anywhere at anytime can find me, know who I am, know what I am doing and who I am with. Maybe I should just start living in a fishbowl too. :)

You know, it's posts like this and attitudes like this that make me think I'm turning into my Grandma! Yikes.

2 comments:

glassidentities said...

I am on facebook too.. I have no clue what to do on there.. have been there awhile.. and all that I see happening is people keep trying to hug me and they throw snowballs at me... hmm so far I dont love it:( if you figure it out let me know :)

Beholden-To-Nature (Kenna) said...

heh heh... yep, you caved. Facebook seems to be good at sucking up your time. :)