Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Robot Gathering

In March, my dad was in the hospital. While I was waiting for him to get out of surgery, I drew this picture. I love robots and I was pleased with how this turned out.

Normally, it's hard for me to come up with things that I consider halfway original. All I did here was think about some different shapes and made those shapes into heads and the robot bodies just followed.

I made this specifically for my son, but haven't given it to him. Since it's in my sketch book I'm not sure what to do with it. Do I recreate it on canvas? Do I print it and color it, do I just rip the page out and give it to him? Not sure yet.

3 comments:

glassidentities said...

I would vote for either printing it out and maybe letting him color it.. or putting it on canvas.. totally cool robots :)

365 Letters said...

I rather like the black and white with the spot of color. Maybe you could make a print out of it and give him the original. It's cute!

Beth said...

This one is my fave :)