Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Sure How to Put it All Together

The end of December I decided to start being more consistent with writing in my blog, spending time in Etsy forums and in general, trying to promote my creations as much as possible (without being obnoxious). I've had some really cool opportunities come along in the past few months.

The latest thing is that one of the listings in my shop was picked for Timothy Adam's Top 10 Monday. This may not mean much to some people, but to me it was an honor to be chosen. Timothy works really hard to promote other Etsy shops and to help people learn how to use Etsy and other websites. He also provides tutorials for how to market our shops. If nothing else, I'm just in awe of how much time this guy spends helping others. I can't imagine that he has time to do his own art!

Because of being on this popular website, I could potentially get a lot of views to my shop and possible traffic to this blog. Pretty cool. I just need to figure out how to keep the momentum going and how to turn views into sales. Right now, I feel like my shop doesn't really have a lot of stuff in it. Maybe it's because I look at it all the time and I'm starting to get bored with it. I hope nobody else is! I think I need to relist some things that I haven't had in the shop for awhile.

So this week, why don't I set a goal to get um....ok 5 more things in my shop. That's FIVE. :)

If you haven't visited Timothy Adam's blog, it will be well worth your time. He has fun contests and tons of valuable information. Plus if you go there this week, you can click on #6 of his top 10 for February 2 and you'll see my Tulip Sun ACEO.

1 comment:

Celisa said...

timothy adams is fantastic! his shop is one of the first ones i found and fell in love with when i signed up on etsy.