Sunday, August 2, 2009

Going to the Birds

I sold one of the suns from my last post (the painting with the four blocks and the sun in the middle). After the sale, I immediately went to the ARTlandish Gallery and put the other two up for sale. My hope is that someone will fall in love with them and want to take them home :) !

I continue to purchase wooden objects to paint. I think I'm obsessed! I have two boxes full of things I want to paint with funky designs and bright colors. I keep thinking if I do that, surely someone will want to buy them. I hope so anyway. I don't have enough room in my own house to "show case" all the things I plan on painting.

One of the things I've been really having fun with is painting bird houses. I can't explain it, I just love doing it. Here are some photos of a few of the things I've been working on. Some are complete, others need more work:






These were really fun to do and I'm currently working on another. I will post it when I'm done. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Congrats on the sale! The birdhouses look great! I haven't been down to the gallery yet, but can't wait to see it.

glassidentities said...

Way to go on the sale... love the bird houses!! in fact I am off to check out your shops and see if they are listed somewhere. I happen to love your work and love birdhouses. :)