Sunday, August 30, 2009

You Can't Always Get What You Want/The Honeymoon Is Over

After my last post where I sang praises to the addiction that is Ebay, I have come to know the darker side of cyber bidding:

I HAVE BEEN OUT BID!

It's cruel to win your first bid, giving you false hope and overconfidence. Only to have some "slick willy" jump in during the last few minutes of bidding on your next item and take away the object of your desires! I was so sure I was going to get that speedball lino cutter handle with 5 blades and ink. SO SURE. I was the only one who bid on it. I was so excited thinking about it showing up in my mailbox wrapped in a little package, with my name on it.

Darn you a***m for your bidding savvy!

1 comment:

Beth said...

What a bummer! You'll have to grow a tough Ebay skin to survive the terrible emotional anguish that is losing an auction! I had to quit. I couldn't handle it.