Wednesday, September 9, 2009

More Block Prints




I've been working on some more block prints. I will be facilitating two workshops at Artlandish Gallery in the next few weeks and even though I'm a little nervous, I'm really looking forward to it. Above are some images I scanned to show the progression of this particular print.

The first picture shows the candle after I did one etching into the linoleum. I think doing some preliminary prints can be very helpful in showing you what other details will make the carving look more interesting. Even though I like the original sketch of the candle, I'm not completely happy with the final print. I think it would have been better to have something in between the second and the last image (but number 3 above is not what I had in mind). I think I should have left more background around the candle like in image two. I may try to do this drawing again, or I may try one of the other sketches I have hiding in my sketchbook.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog & laughed so hard when I saw your profile, "not a good housekeeper" and the comment on not liking to learn about cell phone operations. Gosh, did I write that?

Loved your woodblock prints! Going back to see more of your artwork.

Judith
pelikanbeach.blogspot.com