Saturday, October 24, 2009

Working to Make it Better

I've been telling myself for quite some time now, that I'm going to work on my Etsy shop and other aspects of my tiny little business. I've been avoiding my Etsy shop like the plague because it seems so overwhelming, the number of things I want to do. But I'm just trying to focus on taking baby steps.

I changed my avatar and banner and added one new item. I will probably have a few more things to add, but need to take some photos first. I've been spending some time in the forum, reading blogs of sellers I admire, participated in Tim Adam's Webinar and have refused to give up after not doing so well in a couple of art/craft fairs.

Two really nice things that have happened lately: someone is in the process of buying one of my mixed media collage pieces and I sold 24 cards to the Unity Center so they could sell them in their bookstore. It's always nice to make a couple of sales.


The piece below is the one that is being purchased. It's called "You Are The Only One". It's one of my favorites, but I'm glad that it will have a new home.

2 comments:

Joy White said...

I know the feeling. I have wanted to work on my etsy photos for months now. Why does it seems so daunting? Congrats on the sale.

Laura Pugh said...

Thanks for commenting, Joy. I think it especially seems daunting because if photos "aren't your thing" then it takes a long time. It's a bit of a helpless feeling, but once it's done, it feels good!