Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Where to Go From Here

Tonight I find myself a little confused about what to do with myself, my art projects, my shop, my blog...Hey wait a minute! Haven't I written about this before?! I believe I have. Hopefully, you won't mind going down this road with me again.

I think the challenge for me in this stage of life, (besides trying to do anything that does not involve my children) is getting from where I am to where I want to be, without taking the long and winding road. Sometimes the long road is good, you learn things, you see things you may not have seen if you'd gone the fast track and you get the opportunity to develop patience. But sometimes, the long and winding road is just full of foolish mistakes and wasted time. I realize that all lessons ultimately are good lessons and shape who we are, I just feel like I've spent too much time on the long and winding road and would like to be more focused on the destination.

I'm trying to figure out ways to be more productive in 2010. I need to ask questions about what goals I want to set, are they realistic, how will I get there and am I doing things that will keep me from where I want to be? Am I allowing too many ideas to overwhelm me and to scare me into not doing anything? It's probably good to just take tiny baby steps rather than standing in one place. Eventually tiny baby steps lead somewhere.

I'll think about this some more and get back to you with some goals. Until then, I think I'll go finish making some Christmas presents!

No comments: