Thursday, January 28, 2010

First Art Journal Completed

I finally finished my first art journal. I posted a photo of the cover a few days ago. Last night I finished trimming the cover and sewing the binding. I like how it turned out, but I did have a few problems. My pages weren't folded and trimmed correctly, so the book is a little crooked. I'm sure this is just something that will take practice to master. I think next time, I will use paper that is not so thick and that should help. So here are the photos. It opens up a whole new world of possibilities!




4 comments:

glassidentities said...

beautiful... I can see one of these with your artwork on it. your drawings.. it would be so beautiful. Great job... Cant wait to see more :) I love the colors on this one!

Caroline Martin said...

Love the colors you used. My sister and I did a Japanese Book Binding Class through our local TAFE last year- you might want to investigate if you want to take the book journals further. It was a day class one weekend.

Laura Pugh said...

Thanks Michelle. You are always one of my most faithful cheerleaders! :)

Hi Caroline. I took a Japanese book binding workshop a few months ago. I loved it. I posted a photo of my journal on this blog somewhere...

Oh, here it is: http://sleeplessimagination.blogspot.com/2009/11/conquering-fear-on-small-scale.html

The whole book binding/journal making skill is so exciting and fun. I feel like I could make books all day long! Thanks for stopping by.

Robin said...

Wow beautiful..sounds like fun too..I could like that I think..!Great colors too..so Spring..!