Saturday, February 20, 2010

Custom Hand Carved Stamp for Soap Scentsations


After seeing some hand carved stamps I made, my friend Kristi Mott, asked me if I would make one for her. Krisit is the owner of Soap Scent-sations, a lovely online shop with hand made soaps, lip balms and other bath and body products. She was interested in stamping cards to include with her soaps.

This photo shows the design I came up with, based on the design Kristi already uses for her packaging.  I had a great time carving this stamp and would love the opportunity to create more custom stamps. I've found that stamp carving and designing is currently one of my favorite things to do. Seeing the final results is very satisfying.

Take a moment to check out Kristi's shop (she also has an Artfire shop). Her soaps are wonderful. They're pretty, they smell great and they lather up quite nicely. (Lather is important to me, so I thought I'd mention that). Every time I use one, it feels like a special treat. But don't take my word for it, hop on over and order a few bars for yourself! :)

4 comments:

glassidentities said...

what a fun stamp... I checked out her shop and she has some fun stuff in there.. very pretty too... I think the stamp goes great with her shop :)

Joy White said...

great stamp - going to check out her shop. I am a big soap fan too.

Anonymous said...

That's so cute, Laura! Great job! Kerri H.

Laura Pugh said...

Thanks for the compliments, girls! This was a lot of fun to make. I hope to be doing some more custom stamps in the future.