Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's A Done Deal

Okay, I've finished the doodle I posted the other day. I decided to add some color to it. Well actually, a lot of color. I like black and white, but thought I'd try this. I really like how the colors turned out. Here are some before and after shots:


Doodling has helped me to work on something creative, without feeling like I have to make anything specific. It's also something I can do while I'm talking with people, watching t.v. or when I just want to meditate a little. I wrote on another blog the other day that doodling helps me work through problems and worries sometimes. I can draw and think about whatever is bothering me and pray in my head. It's very relaxing.

This was done on Strathmore drawing paper, using Staedtler and Prismacolor pens. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

6 comments:

elsiee said...

love your colored doodle - I think I need to start doodling myself!

Kimberly said...

Love it, love the black and white too! Clear your mind some more. Kimberly

glassidentities said...

I am not sure I could pick if I like it best in black and white or in color.. your work is always so beautiful :) I agree that doodling is very relaxing.. one thing I love is if I want to to have a good talk with the kids.. I sit everyone down with some pencils and markers and paper and we can all talk while doodling.. the things that come out of the kids mouths.. it is so awesome!

Jessica Doyle said...

Lovely doodle Laura - it appears to be a finished work… much more than a doodle. The vivid colours rock!

Laura Pugh said...

Thank you, all for commenting! I appreciate you taking a look at it. I think I probably have a few more of these types of drawings in my future! :)

Michelle, that's such a great idea to get your family together to draw and talk. That probably really helps with your sons since men usually need to be doing some activity while they "relate". I may need to suggest this to my own family.

Anonymous said...

Cool!
Kerri