Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Year in the Life of an Art Journal

In January, I decided to expand my horizons, step out of my comfort zone and join an art journal community. I've never done anything with art journal pages and I thought I'd try this. Sometimes I have a hard time committing to  something (besides my family - thought I should clarify) for very long periods of time, but I'm going to try my best with this.

I'm still learning my way around the blog - sometimes I'm not sure how to leave comments. I also keep thinking there are rules about what I should be doing, but those are only imposed on me by my inner critic (dang her anal little self!) 

Here are my two latest journal pages. The topic is Hope:


 I like how the background turned out and really love the flowers. I think I'm going to have to put some more of these type of flowers on some other art. Probably some plaques and more journal covers. It gives me an excuse to use all the paper I've been hoarding.

If you are interested in checking out this group, you can just click on the badge in the upper right side of this blog. It's pretty awesome to be part of this community.

1 comment:

Jessica Doyle said...

I love your two journal pages Laura!

The flowers are beautiful and the colours cheery! :)

I have a hard time sticking with something for a long time to but if it feels right then I find It's easier to stick with but not as challenging. On the other hand sometimes what is hard to commit to is what we should push ourselves to do.

I'm a paper hoarder to ;)