Monday, March 22, 2010

Just Popping in to Say "Hi!"

I feel like I've been gone for a very long time, so I'm glad to see that it has only been a couple of weeks since my last post. But since my last post, I lost one of my followers. Apparently, I'm not so entertaining that I can get away with only writing a couple of times a month and keep people coming back! I've fallen far behind on my New Year's goal of posting three times per week. Isn't it weird how your New Year's resolutions can be shot to heck in the matter of a few weeks?

Anyway, things here are going fine. I'm tired, a little depressed (where is that sunshine anyway?), and I'm feeling overwhelmed. However, I know spring and warm weather are just around the corner and I know that I'm going to get to start doing some art again real soon.

Yesterday I attended a workshop at Artlandish Gallery on Product Photography. It was taught by photographer, Nichelle Lawrence. I was actually just helping out, but one of the things I got to do was help build light boxes. If you've ever visited my Etsy shop, you know how much I could benefit from having a light box for my photos (which suck, frankly). Last night and tonight, I spent some time building my own light box and it turned out pretty cool. I just shot a couple of photos using it and here is one of the things I shot:

I painted this dinosaur several months ago. I want to paint a couple of sets of dinos and sell them in my shop but so far I've only gotten one finished. I like the way the photo turned out and I look forward to taking pictures of my other items and playing around with this light box a little more. When my husband saw my light box and looked inside to see this smiling dinosaur he said "He looks pretty happy in there!"

2 comments:

smArtee said...

Honey you didnt loose a follower..it was me deleting my old account with the old email and follower list... and I started a new art blog other than my Insights and Bellylaughs one..I am following you now ..and now I have a place to do art rather than my other blog...I had to delete all followers so i could start fresh with a new site and new name...Im following you now..!

Laura Pugh said...

Robin...you are so funny! Thank you for letting me know that I didn't lose a follower. I guess you could say I'm a little paranoid about my following! :)