Thursday, May 20, 2010

Misc. Ramblings

I don't know about you, but we have been experiencing quite a bit of rain in our area. It's not that I mind rain all that much, but the dreary days get to me (more so now, than when I was a youngin'). I also worry that we will completely miss out on spring and go right to the hot, humid summer that Missouri is known for. I don't really enjoy sweating as soon as I get out of be in the morning and not being able to breathe very well because the air is so thick with humidity.

But tonight, as I sit on my bed typing, I can hear the rain falling on the roof and I'm really enjoying it. It's so quiet and soothing. It's nicer to have the rain at night when you don't have to go out and you can curl up in bed and go to sleep.

I'm still learning about my laptop, but I haven't done much with it yet. I haven't even downloaded any photos on it or anything. I have spent far too much time searching the internet, but I did that with the desktop too. There are just so many interesting things to find out in cyber space.

I haven't done much art the past couple of days. I feel like doing art, but end up watching movies instead. This evening, I got to do some leaf rubbings with my son and daughter. It was one of my son's assignments for cub scouts. I think I had more fun doing it than they did. I loved it - it seems magical to me that you can put a piece of paper over some part of nature, run a crayon over it several times and discover the most detailed designs. The shape of the leaves, the details of the veins, along with the different colors used, are just beautiful.

One thing I'm so grateful for and in awe of is that when God created us, he didn't just put us down here in endless blank space. He put us here, surrounded by beauty, colors, and the most intricate detail. He wanted us to be entertained and curious and amazed. I love seeing the details of his creation and contemplating the vastness of what surrounds us in the heavens. Even if you were alive for a million years, you would never be able to discover all there is to discover on this planet or in this universe. Isn't that wonderful?

Humans are that way too...created with such detail and precision. We are each different, we have our own unique DNA, fingerprints, personalities, abilities. At the same time we are the same in that we all are born, we all will die, we all need love and acceptance and we all need God. I also happen to believe we all need a creative outlet, but let's just say I'm a little biased in that direction.

I'm not sure why I'm rambling on this particular subject tonight, but I appreciate your listening. I hope you had a good day.

I hope to have some photos to post very soon, so you won't just have to look at text all the time.

2 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Loved your post. I'm an artist wannabe too:)

Laura P said...

Thank you Becky, for stopping by. I really enjoy your blog!