Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Birthday & the 100th Post

There is no doubt that I have been ridiculously neglectful of my blog and anyone who might be interested in reading it. I apologize and hope you won't cross me off your "follow" lists. Like everyone else in the world, I've been kind of busy at times and lazy at others.  In addition, this is my 100th post and I was feeling some pressure to write something witty and profound. Once I decided that probably wasn't going to happen, I felt more freedom to just start typing.

Today is my 47th birthday. It was a nice day, my family took good care of me. I got some nice facebook and phone messages and I even got a birthday wish from the kind people at hotmail. I have always been a spoiled birthday princess, but as I get older, I don't really feel the need to have much of a hoopla made of my getting older.  I mean, the crow's feet and gray hairs are big enough indicators-I don't need to shout it from the mountain tops.

I'm not thoroughly depressed about my age, it just takes me more time to adjust to the number than it used to. Honestly, I'd only go back to my 20's if I could keep all the knowledge I've gained the past two and a half decades. Wouldn't that be so cool? To be 20, to feel 20 but to have 27 more years of wisdom and experience. It's not hard to imagine which people I would not waste precious time with and what things I would be kinder to myself about. I'm quite fortunate and have been blessed with a wonderful life. I hope that I'll get at least another 40-ish years to hang out and see my kids grow up to become parents.

I've decided that New Year's resolutions should really be saved for one's birthday instead of the beginning of a new year. Aren't we really more reflective as we age? My greatest wish, hope, dream and goal is that I will become more healthy. I don't mention it much (if ever) here, but I'm really out of shape and extremely overweight. I'm tired of being this way and I won't be here for another 40 years if I don't change my evil ways. I understand there are no guarantees, but I should at least try, don't you think? Probably it will be best to start as soon as that icecream/birthday cake is gone. :)

2 comments:

smArtee said...

Happy Birthday you Beautiful Lady....Wooo Hooo... I would never cross you off..you just popped up on my reader and I was happy about that..I hope you have a wonderful day...like you havent been blogging..I havent been doing art work..oh well..we all need a break from certain things...EnjoY YoUr DaY..!

Laura Pugh said...

Hey Robin,

Thanks for stopping by and for the birthday greeting. I did have a good day. Thanks for being such a faithful friend! :)