Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Neglected Followers-Shame on Me!

When I became a mom, 7 1/2 years ago, I learned a few things about myself: I can love more deeply and unconditionally than I ever thought possible, I have a higher tolerance for bodily fluids than I could imagine and I can sacrifice my own needs and desires in order to serve another human being.

The other things I learned about myself are that I can be very self-focused, selfish and self-centered. That brings me to today's blog topic: My Neglected Followers.

Last night as I was checking in on my blog, wishing I had a few more followers (it's an ego thing), it occurred to me that I don't take good care of the followers I have. I don't blog regularly, I haven't posted an interesting photo in ages, I rarely respond to comments.  And the worst thing? I've hardly visited the blogs of my followers who have blogs. 

That's not very nice.

I wouldn't follow me!

If at this point, after hearing this shocking confession, you decide you need to delete me from your "following" list, I completely understand. There is only so much time in a day to read blogs anyway.  Why spend it on someone who has never bothered to visit you at your blog? However, if you decide to stay with me, I promise I will work harder to invest in our relationship. I'm going to be making the blog rounds so that I may learn more about you.

Thanks for sticking with me.

No comments: