Saturday, January 22, 2011

Almost 3 Months Later and It's 2011

I have to admit it.

I've been avoiding you.

Like the plague.

When I log in and see that it has been almost 3 months since my last post, instead of getting busy typing something interesting and clever, I just want to run like the wind. One of those coping mechanisms that isn't really working for me but I keep doing it anyway.

In my heart, I want to be the best blogger and Etsy shop owner. I want to be creative and funny and clever and organized. I want to have one of those blogs that is beautiful and interesting and full of good information for the multitudes. But you know what? Every time I come here (and every time I go to my Etsy shop for that matter) I just see what is left undone. The posts I haven't written, the photos I haven't taken and in the case of Etsy, the items I haven't listed. I just feel defeated and guilty for not doing what I say I'm going to do.

For a few hours this week, I considered shutting everything down. The blog, the shop, the face book and twitter... just take it all down and not be heard from (online) again. But I don't think that is really what I want to do. So I'm seeking help through an online blogging course. My hope is that I will get some perspective and information on how to improve my blog. I've also been getting some feedback about my Etsy shop so that I can make a better effort to sell things there.

So, if you are interested, I just wanted to check in to let you know that I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. I'm in the process of figuring out what it is I want to do and then doing it.

Thanks for hanging in with me!

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Laura, your work is gorgeous! Such intense color and flowing design. May I suggest you look at least three things you have done and are proud of.
Young children could count for two. We are taking Diane's blogging course together so we'll be chatting. Good thoughts!
www.fusedntwisted.blogspot.com