Wednesday, March 30, 2011

We're Home!

We arrived home Sunday night around 8:30. The trip to California was wonderful. Our last night was spent visiting Cline Cellars for a tour and wine tasting. Afterward we went to Vineyard's Inn where we experienced a Basque style, seven course meal that was fabulous and included much, much more wine. It was just a wine-a-thon kind of day/evening.

Here are my photos of the day:




These were floor to ceiling antique barrels that are currently used for wine storage. They were huge and beautiful.






Wine barrels in storage. There were several rows of these barrels - pretty amazing that there could be that much wine in one place.



For some reason I cannot resist photos/paintings or other art showing poppies. I love poppies and these just happened to be at the winery. What's a girl to do? I had to shoot some photos!




A photo of the vineyard at Cline Cellars, with a cover crop in between the rows of grape vines. I think the cover crop is mustard - it's lovely, isn't it?





Another shot of the vineyard with one of the winery buildings in the background. It was a great day and the scenery here was beautiful. Our tour guide Darryl, did a great job showing us around and teaching us how to taste wine. It's a lot different than my college days when I would buy a $1.99 screw top bottle of TJ Swan Easy Nights and think it was good!

4 comments:

Parabolic Muse said...

Is Sonoma valley not beautiful? I just love that countryside and all the vineyards.
Thanks for the photos!

Laura P said...

Thanks for stopping by! Yes, Sonoma valley is beautiful. It was so green with lovely rolling hills and interesting trees. I loved it.

Michelle said...

beautiful!!

Laura Pugh said...

Thanks, Michelle!